Friday, December 16, 2016

Frigidity

Yes, I am a Walker!
Cold, damned cold. That’s what I was thinking early this morning while Buddy and I were outside for his morning constitutional. I’m still not certain why dogs, and Buddy is a master practitioner of this, feel the need to fully and repeatedly investigate an area before deciding where they’re going to squat. I was less than patient shivering this morning and yelling at him to “make a decision!”. (something I usually reserve for second lieutenants and my wife) Winter showed up with no fanfare other than some startling grade winds overnight. The wind chill was marked at 15 degrees below zero this morning while we were out there. The cold eventually penetrated even Buddy’s primordial brain long enough for him to scurry inside once business was accomplished instead of his usual cursory inspection for squirrel incursions into his domain.
Future View
It’s on mornings like this that the future condo in Las Lajas seems so ideal. I look forward to sleeping to the sound of surf and waking up to this view. I was born and grew up in New England but I think you’d have to be some special kind of moron to actually enjoy temperatures this cold. We’re getting six inches of snow tomorrow and follow that up with temperatures in the fifties on Sunday. Ahh New England!
Condo Construction - Ours is on Third Floor left Corner
Yesterday was a full day and not just because I was besieged with Christmas cookies at no less than three office Christmas parties (seasonal waistline expansion fears on track). The day started out with a Board meeting where I had to give my first presentation to the board on operational issues. That went well but apparently I confused the hell out of the newspaper reporter covering the meeting. I found myself after the meeting trying to educate him with limited success on how bus fare boxes work. I was quoted in the paper today and he got some of it right.
One of the Parties Yesterday
The First Blog Reader was in constant motion last night, as usual. She even deigned to demonstrate her walking ability for us, a first. We received a later, second call which my daughter explained. Our granddaughter saw a picture of my wife and I that my daughter has. She pointed at it and looked to her mother who asked if she wanted to call her grandparents, she nodded her head yes. I didn’t think it was possible for her to worm her way any further into my heart but she did so. We may have to rent a commercial airliner to ferry all her Christmas gifts home.

The Favorite Son also checked in along with the redoubtable Riggins. He showed us the almost finished remodel of the kitchen and it looks fabulous. The ABFA is an ardent fan of HGTV’s Fixer Upper and I think even the Gaines’ would be pleased with the results she and the son have achieved.  




No comments:

Post a Comment