Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Pedestal Problems & Sleepless Worcester

The Beautiful California Ladies
My wife’s Black Friday weekend shopping foray, which I was a semi-unwilling participant bore fruit yesterday when the washer and dryer pedestals she ordered finally arrived. The new house came with a super pair of appliances (that actually sing when the cycle finishes – no lie) but she deemed them too low for prime operation. I can say after a few months with a middle aged paratrooper back I concur with her reasoning. My sole contribution (other than paying for them) was asking the salesmen if they would be tough to install since the appliances are gas powered. As any good salesman would do when confronted with that question he blithely assured me it would be no problem.
Pedestals Await - My Wife Didn't See the Humor in my Comment They looked Good Above
The delivery guys weren’t supposed to install but they were young Latinos and my wife appealed to their shared Hispanicness. They were more than willing to do it (saving that paratrooper back I mentioned earlier) until confronted with the gas connections. They said they were forbidden from installing with gas connection (salesman safely at a distancenow, of course). Given the spate of recent house explosions I’m glad they didn’t make the attempt. My wife tried to cadge me into arranging the installation but I was up to my ass in alligators at work and said I would get to it when I could. She correctly interpreted that meant a hefty delay and against all odds (and Mafioso’s assistance) she found a plumber and arranged the installation today. I’m kind of proud of her for that. I know I wouldn’t venture to do something like that in Panama.
Wife Created a Nativity Scene Specially For the First Blog Reader When She Comes for Christmas
The First Blog Reader acquired another cold for her collection but she didn’t let that slow her down last night. She was still in full pursuit of the cat while we called. That cat has got to be in better shape since my granddaughter acquired mobility. Wait until she fully masters walking, we’re talking a svelte feline. My thoughts are with her as she fights off this tough malady. Wingman reports running nose, tears, and red face today. She did demonstrate a field expedient method of cleaning her nose last night using my daughter’s face. Ahh the joy of motherhood.
The Sickie
Apparently doing two jobs is starting to catch up with me a little. I woke up in the middle of the night (again the whole middle age experience in full flower) and couldn’t get back to sleep because I mistakenly started thing about some of the issues I’m facing at work. This is a sure prescription for insomnia as I couldn’t stop turning things over in my head. That vessel is so empty that I was concerned the resulting noise would wake my Favorite Panamanian. I snuck down to the Man Cave where I discovered a very confused Buddy. I also learned he has created a nocturnal nest under the stairs where he’s taken to sleeping with a bunch of old paint cans. 
Daughter Mediating
I spent some time perusing the sports channels and tried to find the most boring movie I could stomach but Sin City, with Mickey Rourke, was on and we all know what that means. I eventually went back upstairs to grab the final hour and a half of allotted sleep time but today has the potential to severely suck. I’m also going to move Buddy’s unused bed under the stairs tonight. That’s what late night buddies do for each other.

I finished off the latest Jack Noble book by LT Ryan, Never Cry Mercy, which is a direct sequel. It finds Jack wandering the country aimlessly before being confronted with another of the immense coincidences that Ryan inflicts in his books to achieve drama. Jack happens to break down outside a sleepy Texas panhandle town that features not only a former love in the witness protection program but a whole host of baddies inexplicably tied to his early childhood. With Ryan you have to forgive the unbelievable happenstances because he’s created a true engine of destruction in Noble who has to be the unluckiest operative every created. What Ryan takes away in luck he redeems in talent though which makes Noble a really compelling read.






No comments:

Post a Comment