Saturday, December 3, 2016

Christmas Vector

So This is Walking!
Somehow we find ourselves surrounded by December already, how the hell did that happen so quickly? The upside if of course the approach of my favorite time of year – Christmas. I’m an unabashed lover of the holiday season and can honestly say I’ve enjoyed every single Christmas I’ve been lucky enough to partake of. Well except for the whole 1994 one where I was peacekeeping in the Middle East. Every other one I’ve been surrounded by family which is the defining aspect of the day.
She Loves her Grandfathers - Here with the West Coast Edition
Thanksgiving is about the extended family but Christmas is about close family. I consider my lifelong friends that have become part of our holiday tradition as members of that family. Work is going to keep me busy enough that I don’t get totally distracted in the upcoming weeks and online shopping will keep me out of shopping malls. That eliminated the one downside of the season – I hate shopping I stores with a white hot passion. I am going to have to enter a store this year to get something for the Favorite Panamanian but I was going there anyways to buy a movie so it doesn’t qualify as Christmas shopping.
This Game is Exhausting
The political leadership showed up at First Friday last night which was a welcome development, hopefully healing some of the wounds of the Excellent Boss’ departure. Speaking of that august personage he’s finally emerged from his post-employment funk and I’m taking a couple co-workers with me next week to take him out to dinner.

In teh Ball Tent
The First Blog Reader was in high form again last night as she entertained me while awaiting the return of her grandmother from, what else, shopping. My wife does not share my aversion to Christmas shopping. The California contingent’s journey east to join us at the Favorite Son’s house for a new Christmas tradition is what I’m most excited about. It just can’t here fast enough and then I’ll complain that it happened too fast. Now I’m just waiting for the smell of Christmas cookies to commence. There goes the waistline, again.






No comments:

Post a Comment