Saturday, October 10, 2015

Filiality

A destructively frustrating day at work was completely rescued and not just by the celebrations associated with marking the First Friday of the Week. That was a very small part of it as the week long wrestling match with Microsoft Excel was abandoned to spend a few minutes with the co-workers at Brew City. For the first time in a long time though Brew City was only a way point on the night’s adventures.
A Very Happy Mother
I left early for the short trip to Union Station to await a commuter train inbound from Boston bearing a certain favorite son. The train was about fifteen minutes late so I got to hang out with the finest of Worcester’s inner city denizens which is always entertaining. When I saw him striding through the crowd everything got better, immediately. We made the now very short ride home to a rib crunching hug from his mother. Our son came home for the weekend because his mother leaves next weekend for California arrival ceremonies for the First Blog Reader and he wanted to spend some time with her. His mother was beside herself with the opportunity to be a “mom” again. He took her ministrations in good humor.


We went out to dinner and then returned home for an evening of just hanging out. These opportunities are so rare now with our children finding lives of their own that I treasure each chance. When my wife was decisively engaged with preparing a cake for our recent arrival my son scared the hell out of me with a horror movie he brought with him. Both of our wives are diametrically opposed to watching horror movies so this was an opportunity to address our mutual love of being scared. Buddy was in seventh heaven with his favorite human in residence once again. He even playfully attacked my wife to keep her away from our son. We ended the night watching the series finale of Strikeback – a show he and I discovered together and always compared notes on. I’ll sign off now so I can go and revel some more in time spent with one of the nicest people on earth (kind of cool that he’s also my son!)
Had to Say Goodbye to Scott and Stonebridge

No comments:

Post a Comment