Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Catch Up

Wife With One of Her Creations
With my meanderings about the northeast United States over the past weekend I’ve neglected to report on other events in my far flung family. My wife continues to assist our Cali-Daughter in her nesting phase as the culminating event of her pregnancy rapidly approaches. My wife felt it was criminal that the child was going to arrive in the world without anything handcrafted by her maternal grandmother and got to work.
Some More - Note the Second From the Right
This Kid Will be a Patriots Fan!!!!!
I received several photos from the very impressed future mother praising the mad skills of her own mother. Together the two ladies created several hand painted garments, I think they’re called “onesies”, but I’m not read in to the current lexicon of post-natal fashion. It could just be me but I think my wife is more than a little excited about her impending grandmotherhood. I’m glad the two of them are together, especially since Wingman continues his trek across the USA, stopping in Chicago over the weekend.
Wingman in Chicago This Past Weekend
Meanwhile back on the right coast my favorite son was paying appropriate due to his lady – the ABFA. He squired her to Boston and treated her to dinner at the top of the Prudential Center to mark her recent birthday. That kid’s got a lot more game than I did at his age, not to mention a much higher paying job than his benighted father at the age of thirty (seemingly in a distant, different era).
Son and Birthday Girl On Top of Boston
Yesterday in Worcester I was strictly into recovery operations. Even though driving requires minimal physical effort it seems to drain all energy banks. I never go to bed before 11pm but Sunday night I was in the sack well before 10pm. This had the predictable result of waking up at 4am, wide awake but less than refreshed. I think my body assumes I only want my usual allotment of sleep. It must have assumed this was another trip such as experienced over the military years with attendant migrant time zones that required adjustment.

View from Back Deck - Autumn is Racing to Culmination
Despite the lack of rejuvenation work needed to be addressed although I spent a lot of the day regaling my co-workers with my feats of legerdemain accomplished over the weekend in Pennsylvania. I think it’s important for subordinates to question your sanity, at least a little bit. I’m questioning my own as I returned home to find that Buddy has re-doubled his efforts to shed enough fur to coat the entire first floor in basic black. I then vacuumed the entire downstairs without being prompted by my Favorite Panamanian. She’s ruined me! 
Today's Fashion Explosion

No comments:

Post a Comment