Friday, October 30, 2015

Dolphinic Beat Down and Ash Returns

Welcome to Reality Miami
In a show of complete disrespect to the stack of movies waiting to be watched building up in front of Couch Potato position #1 the NFL scheduled the Patriots to play on Thursday night. I consulted with my California ladies ahead of time as they prepared for the game as well. This left coast time zone is a lot more forgiving with the game playing from 5:30 to 8:30 out there.
A Reminder of the AFC East Food Chain and the Apex Predator of Same
Luckily the Patriots made the late night viewing here on the East Coast more than worth the lost sack time. There was no time lost in sacking the Dolphins who came into to town feeling fairly froggy after winning their two prior games in blow out fashion against two doormats. They quickly found out they weren’t in Houston any more. Everyone predicted a close game but the Patriots defense rose to the occasion while Brady continued to exact his pounds of flesh for the off season’s indignities inflicted upon him. It was fun and Buddy joined in the screaming whenever I shrieked in the empty house at a Patriots score. I’m a little hoarse today.
My Sister's Work Attire Yesterday
I’m playing my sister and brother in law’s team this week in fantasy football. They’re atop the league so it’ll be tough. My sister is obviously a little distracted by the severity of the challenge facing her since she went to work yesterday wearing two different color shoes. I could poke more effective fun at her if I hadn’t done the same thing on numerous occasions, including once in the Army when I wore two completely style of boots. What can I say – things look a lot different at 4am when you’re trying not to awake a feisty spouse.
Some of My Bus Drivers Today

Halloween descends tomorrow and I’m looking forward to it this year since we’ve moved out of the hinterlands. We will probably get loads of kids since we’re in one of the safest neighborhoods in Worcester. I’ve steeled myself for Buddy’s reaction to the constant doorbell ringing. Each time the doorbell rings he reacts as if the apocalypse is upon us. I think I’ll tie him up just out of reach of the front door so the visiting children can get the full Halloween experience. In an annual ritual here at work, a number of my drivers showed up today in full costume – funny as hell.

I’ve excited for Halloween this year for yet another reason – the return of Ash! Bruce Campbell is reviving his iconic character from the Evil Dead movies for a series on the Starz channel which premieres tomorrow. Color me psyched as my full geekhood is revealed. THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!!!
Ash is Back!

Patricia Didn't Knock all the Leaves Down

Casual Firdays - Don't Ya Know

No comments:

Post a Comment