Saturday, October 3, 2015

Dreary Day – First Friday Rides to Rescue

Rain and cold descended on the region which totally belied the promise that each and every Friday usually portends. The warmest part of the day was at sunrise. My excellent boss did his part to alleviant the downturn in weather by stealing me away from the wife for lunch. He treated at Five Guys – never a bad option. This one is next to a rough area of Worcester and it offered the usual excellent people watching opportunities. There are some people that make you “Whooah!”.
I was trying to convince my favorite Panamanian to accompany me to First Friday celebrations but she was looking askance at the falling rain. I finally played the waitress card and reminded her of the preferential treatment she’d observed me receiving last week. That sealed the deal and of course we had a male waiter this time so next week will be tougher. She did score her usual Frozen Mudslide and generally lit up the room, as she is wont to do.

Mudslide in Hand - Lighting up the Room
I think the early morning swims are starting to take a toll because I was exhausted by end of our dinner out after Brew City. I could not keep my eyes open during the series finale of one of my favorite shows, Strikeback. Maybe the cosmos is sending me a message that I should start acting my age and trying to keep the hours of a twenty year old. If so I intend to ignore it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment