Tuesday, July 7, 2015

The Art of Nothingness

 A truly momentous day yesterday for no other reason that for the very first time in a very long time nothing of import was scheduled or needed to be accomplished. The last two months and some change has been a real roller coaster both at work, but mostly in the personal arena. That’s what makes yesterday’s lack of “excitement” noteworthy and oh so welcome. Even Buddy seemed to sense a lack of the constant action he’s been party to over the past few weeks. He kept looking over at me seeming to say – “shouldn’t you be doing something?”
I actually had time for the first time since we moved into the new house to sit down and catch up with the stored DVR list. I kept looking over my shoulder expecting some new requirement to come flying out of the night but it remained spookily quiet (well, except for when my favorite Panamanian breezed through the room). I caught up on all my obsessions which included watching Penny Dreadful continue its decent into mediocrity with the season finale – texture only goes so far.
We did speak with the Cali-Daughter who reported another departure by Wingman as he continued his summer of touring. She was able to resolve a technical issue with my wife’s IPad. I’m amazed how dependent our generation has become on our technically savvy young-uns. She dutifully inquired as to the condition of her mother after the previous night’s tumble down the stairs. She’s bounced back nicely from the fall although it did leave a really nasty burn on her forearm. Nothing but a flesh wound was her operating mantra yesterday. She traveled back to our old area for a dentist appointment and stopped by to see our former neighbors. She approached the house from downhill so she wouldn’t have to pass by our old house. She said it was too soon (never understand this). The neighbors want us to come back as the new owners’ young kids make a lot more noise than we did, go figure.

There was the odd blow up at work where my excellent boss absolutely torched the person I work with from our technology company. It was well earned but I still have to work with this guy, once they put out the flames. So I’ve got that to look forward to. We’re also trying to coordinate a trip up to Keene Friend’s for the weekend since the Pittsburgh college roommate is blowing into town for a week-long vacation along his old Spofford running track.

No comments:

Post a Comment