Friday, July 31, 2015

Mothers and Daughters

The One Two Punch I'm Confronted With
Really late posting today as I’ve been caught up in my wife’s maelstrom of baby shower invitation creation and a little bit (understatement) of work. My wife and daughter finally agreed on the details of the invitation while my daughter snarkily provided an updated version which she said was “aligned” correctly – still feeling the need to coddle her less than blessed father on the computer front.
She’s taking a page right out of her mother’s playbook as I was deemed too careless to do the actual cutting and gluing of the invitations. This required her to come to my office and commandeer the office paper cutter and I was carefully instructed to stay out of her way. My excellent boss wandered by a couple times to commiserate and share his equally demeaning stories about spousal lack of confidence in creative endeavors.

At least I’ve got an early First Friday on tab and it will be a sendoff celebration for one of the political bosses – so win, win. To top that off we’ve got a thunder run scheduled for Keene tomorrow – things are definitely looking up as absolutely no creativity will be required to storm the awaiting pubs.
My Wife at Work Today in my Office

No comments:

Post a Comment