Monday, July 6, 2015

Falling for the USA Women

Impressive Women
I actually watched a women’s soccer game. That statement alone is worthy of note since I rarely, check that, never watch soccer to begin with but I was caught up in the excitement of the World Cup Final Match. Okay, let’s be honest, my wife was caught up and I got dragged along. I could not have been happier with the dragging. The USA Ladies were clearly the better team and this game was so much more entertaining than the men’s world cup matches I sat through. I’m not saying I’m a convert but for at least one evening I was truly mesmerized by the obvious talent and competitiveness on display – great game.
Dining Room
I can finally declare that we have officially completed the move in phase with the work we accomplished yesterday. There is still the odd picture to eventually hang and my wife has a little bit of organizing left in her basement storage annex to the kitchen but we’re in. This took a lot longer than some of our best work which was understandably in our prime. The record was two days from delivery to completely unpacked but we were faced with some competing events and a job this time. Still I don’t think it’s a bad timeline for a couple of the decidedly un-prime. I’ve included some pictures of the new house which my wife already has looking like we’ve been there for years.

Living Room
We’re still getting used to the new house and having carpeting on most of the floors. Shortly after the game ended last night my wife was coming down from upstairs when I heard a scream followed by a series of loud thumps. Buddy and I were in the process of jumping to our feet (okay – that was mostly Buddy) when my wife appeared at the bottom of the stairs which she had surfed down on her backside. I initially thought she’d broken her arm but she ended up with a nasty rug burn on each of her arms and a severely bruised backside, not to mention pride. Walking down the carpeted stairs in the dark she misjudged one step and her feet shot out from under her. It was a scary moment but she feels much better this morning. I’ll probably be able to kid her about it (in a couple years).
Front Hall

Kitchen

Master Bedroom

Upstairs Hall

Cali-Daughter/Wingman Guest Room

Favorite Son/ABFA Guest Room

Guestroom #3/Office

No comments:

Post a Comment