Saturday, July 11, 2015

Home Again

A short post today in order to maximize the diversion possibilities now that we're back in my home town after a way too long of a sabbatical. I did allow myself a little bit of delay by maintaining my win streak with First Friday celebrations yesterday. Following that I arrived home expecting my wife to be ready to deploy north to New Hampshire only to find the predictable result. She was way behind the power curve due to her addiction to extended phone calls to remote friends and lunch with neighboring Mafioso.

The journey north was a lot of fun as we're using a route we had all but abandoned over the last ten years as I found a shorter route from our old home in Charlton. From Worcester the old route was back in play and a lot of memories were discovered along the way from the times I used to travel this way to visit my mother. The extreme upside was the trip is so much shorter, a full half hour shorter than the travel from Charlton.
Keene Friend and I in the Center of Keene Last Night
Keene remains at the top of my list for so many reason, not the least of which is what it is like during the summer time when the benighted college crowd is absent. We policed up the Keene Friend and were shortly seated in the center of town enjoying dinner and conversation. A perfect way to end a trying week and the rest of the weekend only promises to improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment