Saturday, January 17, 2015

Lubricated Puzzle Construction

Fridays remain the best day of the week as work tailspins into another first Friday of the week which of course requires celebration. I was the not the only one celebrating yesterday as my wife gathered familial forces for an assault on the dance floor at the legendary Joron Zepede. I’m not even thinking about trying to call her this morning because without a certain gringo (guilty) along there’s a better than even chance she saw this morning’s sun rise as they left the dance hall. I’m constantly in awe of their ability to party well after mere humans have collapsed in exhaustion. Meanwhile my daughter is adjusting to her new L.A. life confronted with the need to re-learn how to parallel park after an eight year carless existence in NYC. At least Google maps exist to pinpoint handy parking lots near her destinations.
My Wife's Destination Last Night
While my wife was preparing for her night of dancing she maintained electronic account of my locations. She texted me during First Friday celebrations at Brew City to check on my whereabouts. I responded with the picture below of my excellent boss and a couple of co-workers. She was pleased and then told me to behave. The tracking continued to Zorba’s where my favorite waitress was devoted to my care looking completely fetching.
Brew City Crew
She was finally content when I arrived home and reported for duty with Buddy the Wonder Pooch. By this point in the night I was starting to feel the effects of my sampling of the brewer’s art which usually consign me to a half watched movie. I’d been working sporadically on a jigsaw puzzle all week and thought my compromised mental faculties were not appropriate for continued effort. I was wrong.
Solitary Zorba's
Apparently my beer intake removed several blocks on too logical thinking because I absolutely cruised through completing the entire puzzle in about twenty minutes. I’m not saying there wasn’t a couple accidental fracturing of already constructed sections.  I may be on to something here – more testing of this theory is called for. I’m ready to make that sacrifice in the interests of science. I leave it to you to assess the nobility of my actions!

The Lubricated Puzzle - Gillette Stadium - GO PATS!!!!!
I’m extremely psyched because tonight I get to spend time with one of my favorite cousins to celebrate his 60th birthday. While I contend that is entirely too old for either of us to contemplate approaching I’m looking forward to hanging out with him and his merry gang of friends.  There’s just something special about cousins.

No comments:

Post a Comment