Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Cold Turn and Triumphant Return

This is what I “love” about New England winters.  Yesterday was fully 45 degrees colder than the day before as the typically schizophrenic weather of January kicked in.  I’m sure my California daughter is nodding sagely and doing one of her patented leaps into the air while she deals with slightly less challenging west coast temperatures.
Wife, PanaGal, and the Mafia
In a turn of events that surprised no one that knows them well, the Panamanian contingent was a wee late in their return from New York City.  The PanaGal boarded a tour bus for a look around Manhattan while my wife and the mafia conducted shoe shopping operations, each to her own strength.  They reunited and went in search of a Cuban restaurant they walked by in their Sunday wanderings.  While enroute they somehow ended up on one of those huge Times Square neon billboards (I didn’t ask).  They returned still full of energy and immediately set to packing new acquisitions in already overburdened suitcases.  I was summoned at various intervals to do some weighing.
Preparing to Head Out for touring and Shopping
The Gals (Center to the Right) Up on the Big Screen in Times Square

Now I have to focus on making my wife’s last day in the USA for a while memorable in hopes of convincing her to return when the weather improves.  Yesterday and especially today’s frostbitten morning are not helping.  I’m actually glad she has this interlude each year, although I miss the heck out of her, because it affords her some quality time with her aging parents and she really struggles with New England winters. 

Someone who’s not struggling is my son.  He reported a completely successful first day with his new company.  I spoke with him on the phone last night and he felt totally validated in his decision to leave his old company.  He was most impressed with eh professionalism and energy at the new place.

No comments:

Post a Comment