Friday, January 30, 2015

De-Stitched and Loving It

Stitches Removed - I Think I Can Get Away With Calling it a Knife Wound!
Another bit of discovery learning this past week; having stitches in your nose is in no way entertaining and not the least bit of fun. I was therefore grateful that yesterday saw the removal of same. The hardest part was getting into the hospital with a fifteen minute wait to get to the front door as traffic was backed up due to the huge snow mounds Worcester boasts. The storm also telescoped the snow day’s appointments into yesterday which cased further delay. The dermatology staff were their usual superb although getting the stitches out turned out to be the most painful part of the entire procedure – including the cutting. I think it was the part where they dug into the wound to find the stitches in order to cut them.
With My Steri Strips
I received high marks for wound care which was my wife’s biggest concern since she wasn’t around to supervise. Once the stitches were out I thought I would be on my merry way but the nurse was breaking a small bottle to combine liquids like super glue which I assumed was some kind of anti-biotic until she disabused me of this by telling me it was in fact – glue. They put the glue on my nose and then some steri-strips which protects the incision until fully healed, so the pirate stories will have to wait another week. Beer, however, is back on the table for First Friday so the universe is once again in balance.
Wingman (far right) in Philly Last Night
Speaking of beer, the Wingman and his redoubtable band hit Boston for a show tonight just down the street from where my daughter went to college at B.U. My son and the ABFA will attend the show tonight, snow permitting, but I’m going to try and sneak out of work for a quick lunch with him, as long as the freezing rain we’re getting right now stops.

Wife (3rd from Left) with her Tai Chi Group
My wife listened to the litany of weather related challenges we were facing in the New England and then blithely reported she discovered a new workout in Panama. She’s joined a group that does Tai Chi – the slow motion martial art posing that is so popular in China. She says she really enjoys it and I could hear the wheels turning in her head on how she was going to convince me to join her in this new addiction. It didn’t hurt that she was doing this each morning at a nearby Pacific beach. Cruel.
They Look Entirely Too Tropical

No comments:

Post a Comment