Friday, July 20, 2012

Welcome Home

Someone in the Distance
Target Confirmed
My Brown Eyed Girl
Smile Lighting Up Entire Airport
Camera Work Ends at This Point - More Important Things to Do
To say yesterday was a good day would be a grotesque understatement.  First off in the morning we had a board meeting where my boss and I were showered with praise for the contract negotiated with the union.  The big event though was the return of my wife.  You can never tell with Boston traffic so I left myself some extra time to get the airport.  I ended up cruising into the airport with almost forty minutes to spare and her plane was delayed 30 minutes on top of that.  Logan Airport is so much easier to get to since the “Big Dig” created the Ted Williams tunnel.  I think because it is so much easier the airport planners decided that patrons would miss the agonizing frustration of yore so they created the Central Parking Garage.  I’m sure people who fly all the time have figured it out but whoever designed the signage for this Rubik’s Cube should be summarily executed.  I finally gave up trying to find a spot near the terminal I needed (it had nothing to do with my subsequent sprint to find a rest room) and just pulled into a parking spot.  After consulting (very quickly) a couple of diagrams I found my way to the terminal and the sought after rest room (I’m sure everybody I passed at a dead run thought I was late for a flight – that’s my story and I’m sticking to it).  I learned of the flight delay and made my way back to the garage since I had parked the car about as far from the terminal as physically possible due to the completely confusing signs.  After returning to the car at a much more leisurely pace I repositioned within twenty parking spaces of the terminal entrance.  I still had a bunch of time to kill so I wandered around the terminal book store which is something I’ve missed since being “Kindleized”.  The wife finally arrived and I felt complete again.  After my all too quiet trip to the airport she regaled me with tales of her trip and genuinely entertained me for the trip back to my office.  There is a lot of energy and vitality packed into someone as small as she is and it was good to have her back; my life is now considerably less boring.  We watched the sox together, she’s a big baseball fan, and were treated to a real pitcher’s duel.  We had resigned ourselves to a loss when the sox came up in the last inning trailing 1-0.  Unbelievably the Red Sox rallied and Cody Ross delivered a three run, walk off homerun.  These Red Sox who were so unlikable just a couple of weeks ago are starting to show a little life and character – this is what they do to you.  They look like they’re finally having fun again.  It was a great night, all the better because I got to spend it with my favorite Panamanian. 
2d Best Event of the Day
These Guys Are Showing Some Life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment