Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Monday, Monday

The Escape Artist Next to His Cage
I had a strange moment driving in to work yesterday.  If you read the blog regularly you’ll know that I suggested the best thing we could do about the idiot responsible for the Aurora massacre was to deny him his sought after notoriety.  We have all been subjected to the exact opposite since Friday with the television press competing against each other to discover the minutest details of this scumbag’s life.  I have no doubt that by the end of this we’ll know his second cousin’s shoe size.  As I was driving in to work I changed radio stations from my normal sports talk station so I wouldn’t be re-victimized by the latest Red Sox news and tuned in a news radio station.  Just as I changed stations one of my favorite commentators, John Keller, came on for his normal spot.  He said almost word for word what I had written on Friday.  I am not yet pretentious enough to think he read the blog but it was an indication that someone else, in this case, someone I respect, agreed with my point.  He referenced the brother of one of the victims as saying the same thing – don’t sully the rest of our lives and the memory of the victims by providing this evil douche bag with the slightest scintilla of fame.  He said it a lot better than I just did.  My wife keeps the house immaculate despite my and Buddy’s best efforts to corrupt that tendency.  One of her friends is coming to visit for a few days so that meant she was into overdrive all day yesterday – you could literally eat off the floors now.  She was exhausted when I came home from work.  Luckily she got into a truly amusing video chat with virtually her entire family back in Panama.  This really lifted her spirits and distracted her from thinking up something I should be cleaning.  She did get me to mop the floor before heading upstairs.  I’m into the fourth season of The Wire which I’m still not crazy about and this season they focus on politicians which will make the drug criminals of the earlier seasons seem likable in comparison.  We had a thunderstorm pass through over night and when I came down this morning I found that Buddy had somehow escaped from his cage even though the door was still locked.  He had moved the entire cage across the room and then forced his way out by bending the steel enough to slither out.  I was worried he had injured himself but he seemed fine.  He also seemed moderately proud of himself but did insist I move the cage back to its normal spot.  That dog is descending into insanity when it comes to thunderstorms.
Wife's Family In Panama Last Night
Our Nephew Really Needs to Re-Think the Hairdo
See What I Mean
Wife's 2 Sisters and Niece as Well

Wife's Slightly Crazed Sister and Her Mother
Niece Hiding Behind

No comments:

Post a Comment