Saturday, July 14, 2012

Friday Assembly

The Group At Zorba's Last Night With the Magic Pizzas
I took a half day off from work to mow the lawn and spend some time with my daughter.  She and her friend were hanging out in the neighbor’s pool while I was mowing the remnants of the lawn (been a while since it has rained).  The most excellent girlfriend and my son arrived and we all headed to Zorba’s for the mystic pizza.  It was a great evening of catching up since this was the first time since Christmas we’ve had the whole family together.  The waitress got off to a bad start when she mixed up the beer order and I took a sip of my beer which tasted heavily of blueberries.  I consider this an affront to beer in general and certainly me in particular.  The beer was intended for my daughter’s friend and she was wondering what was with the weak blueberry taste of the beer she had ordered.  We switched beers and order was re-established in the universe.  We killed not one but two of the giant pizzas which I consider a telling mark of our professionalism. The waitress made a major comeback and it turned out to be a really fun evening.  My kids stepped up and paid for the meal – its nice to have working children!  The most excellent girlfriend suggested ice cream and we all headed for a nearby restaurant famed for that fare.  We snuck in just under the wire as they were literally locking the doors as we pulled up.  Thankfully this is a small town friendly kind of place and they let us in and served us the needed ice cream.  We returned home to watch, wonder of all wonders, a Red Sox win; just enough to pull us back in until the final heartbreak.  It seems the Sox have returned to their traditional role of being almost good enough but not really.  The Red Sox formula up to the point they won in 2004 was a bunch of self-involved stars concerned more about themselves than the success of the team.  I could care less today as we gear up for the welcome home party for my son.
Shortly After Tasting Blueberry Beer Next to Beautiful Wife
Order Restored

No comments:

Post a Comment