Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Musical Gardens

R.I.P. Oreo
You will remember a couple of days ago that I wrote I had firmly placed the ball in my wife’s court with a new garden due to my need to relocate some turf.  Last night she hit one of those lightning returns that still has my head spinning not to mention an aching back.  I had just settled down to watch the opening episode of Season 3 of The Wire when I heard the garage door opening followed by the car horn indicating my wife had returned and required my assistance.  She had bought the requisite plants as well as some new dirt (garden soil, please).  I was to mix the soil in the new garden before she could plant her new flowers.  While I was doing this she decided she wanted to relocate some of the plants from a nearby garden because the plants she wanted to move were too tall for their current location in the front of their current garden.  Since she had me available she decided I needed to increase the size of an existing garden (more turf moving) to facilitate the move.  I grudgingly admitted that it made sense and got to work. Unfortunately my willingness led to an expansion of her plans and soon she decided several other plants needed to be moved as well.  Every time I got near the original plants scheduled to be moved she found another one that didn’t look just right.  A couple of hours later she has not one but three new gardens.  I’ve got to get that book they issue wives on getting husbands to do unplanned tasks so easily.  She certainly had me dancing last night and I’m still trying to figure out what happened.  I left for my evening swim workout and the first couple of laps were supremely painful but in the end probably did a lot of good loosening up some severely taxed, middle aged muscles.  I never did get to see that episode of The Wire.  On a truly sad note, my sister, true lover of all thing feline lost one of her three cats last night.  I feel bad because I used to kid her about this particular cat, Oreo, which was blind and seemingly unproductive (I don’t know if there is such as thing as a productive cat).  I know she’s hurting because animals sense what a gentle soul my sister is and are drawn to her.  I know this cat, Oreo, meant a lot to her and a blind helpless cat had someone who cared for it and gave it a loving home.  RIP Oreo cookie cat.
Garden #1
Garden #2 - Before
Garden #2 - After
Garden #3



No comments:

Post a Comment