Monday, January 31, 2022

Halftime Sunset

Okay, it really wasn’t halftime but between games yesterday. My Favorite Panamanian departed the realm Sunday morning to return to David to pick up her mom, aunt, and uncle for a visit that starts today. I was cordially invited to accompany her but I had the perfect excuse, besides managing the aftermath of my recent poor ear choices, in the NFL conference championship games. I was therefore left to my own devices which meant uninterrupted football watching. This helped deal with the whole lack of beach and pool time my ear demands. It was a tough day to miss the beach because there were actually some other people on the beach including a very attractive set of neighbors with Brazilian visitors.

Sunset Last Night Between Games




This made the commercials interesting as my view out the window from my football watching seat offered dazzling views, of the beach as well. The games were interesting with the Bengals pulling off a stunning upset of the team I thought was going all the way. The NFL scheduled the games so I was able to go out to the beach to enjoy the sunset in the twenty minutes between the two games. While I was walking down to the shoreline one of the aforementioned ladies, a good friend of my wife, tried to coax me into joining them on the beach.

Beach This Morning

Being a dedicated fan, I explained I had to get back upstairs of the next game. This had nothing to do with the fact they were all enjoying adult beverages while I am currently forbidden, honest. I am that dedicated a fan. I also forgot my sunglasses but that’s another story. My daughter informs me the movie Coda actually is supposed to have subtitles for the sign language but the version I watched did not, either way, a fantastic movie. The beach walk was lonely this morning without my Favorite Panamanian but she returns later this morning. In other big news the Cantankerous Friend is actually looking into flights to come down and visit us. He would be our first Stateside visitor of the year.

The Daily Morning Pelican Conga Line




----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment