Saturday, January 22, 2022

Another Day Another Sunset

We welcomed some new guests to the condo yesterday just in time to celebrate the First Friday of the Week with us. My mother in law and one of the PanaGals are spending the weekend with us which meant additional chairs for the family Facetime call at 5. It was a short call this week because apparently everyone back in the States has a social life; who knew? My daughter was headed out for a weekend stay at a hotel near an art gallery; a gift from Wingman to thank her for her recent over achievements. My Favorite Son and the ABFA likewise were going out on a dinner date despite the 10 degree weather (notice the cleverly inserted cold weather reference). We, of course, operate under no such burden, just making sure the air conditioning was set too cold. Great Aunt tells me my lording over them with the tropical weather references is getting old. This will certainly motivate me to increase their use.

First Friday with Wife and PanaGal

Waves are Back - so, Boogie Boarding!
At The Risk of Sounding Philosophic
I Think I Get why Poets Love Footprints in the Sand
We could have a sunglasses crisis looming. I know. Scary thought and bearing earth shattering ramifications. I brought two pairs because, well, they’re needed, and you always constitute a reserve. I had just finished super gluing the first pair from a weird break when the entire arm fell off. I’m not sure this will survive any repair efforts but I’m going to try. The back up pair, already survivors of two super gluing episodes themselves will have to suffice. I’m only two weeks in to my tropical stay and I’m down to one pair. I have it on good authority that they sell sunglasses in Panama so I just might have to return to civilization this week. There’s that and the whole need to have food to eat as well.

First Friday Sunset




I’ve been receiving photos from Facebook friends about the devastation to one of the key stops on the annual hometown birthday pub crawl – the Cobblestone Pub. I’m going to go out on a limb and say we’re going to have to bypass this location this year. It wasn’t just the pub though as this building was replete with memories from my childhood. There was a Sunrise Donut Shop there where we always picked up donuts after church and a high school classmate’s (and a gal I had a huge crush on in 4th grade) father ran a small grocery store at the other end of the building. The edifice will have to come down and I’m hoping something crawl-worthy will be built in its place. On the upside I discovered a Facebook site that puts out a Far Side cartoon each day which, as always, keeps me laughing.  





Beach This Morning


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment