Friday, January 14, 2022

Non-Anniversary

Before I continue, today does not constitute my 40th anniversary with my Favorite Panamanian. It is true that 40 years ago today we were married in a civil ceremony but that didn’t count then or now as the official date of our marriage. My then future wife opined we weren’t officially married until we stood in front of a priest, and we did this to get on the military housing list. I was of the opinion that this civil ceremony entitled me to other marital privileges but I was shot down in flames until our March 6th church ceremony. So in March, you can wish us a happy anniversary. We’re still going to celebrate today because, of course, it is also the First Friday of the Week and the first in a long time we’re at the beach for.

Lunch Yesterday with Unsuspecting Partners

Last Vestiges of Sunset Last Night from Our Living Room
We will be joined in the celebration with our first visitors of the 2022, members and good friends from the DC chapter of the Panamanian mafia. Yesterday I missed the beach sunset as we were returning from our supply run to David. We had a very fun lunch with my mother-in-law and wife’s sister at my favorite steak house in David. That was followed by a tortuous 2 hour sojourn in the grocery store which only reinforced my long held belief that my Favorite Panamanian and I should not shop together. We have diametrically opposed decisiveness quotients and aren’t really tolerant of the other’s. I just do not feel the need to contemplate literally every item in the store, but that’s me. We survived somehow and were pulling into the condo just after the sun set. Well, now to celebrate the non-anniversary.

Crowded Beach This Morning

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment