Monday, January 24, 2022

Dues Payment

I have spent the last 24 hours trying to recover from my comments on Frail Deeds yesterday about the beach mystery woman. I figured I was safe as my wife rarely reads the blog outside of looking at the pictures and condemning my photographic abilities. How wrong I was. I didn’t count on my wife’s legion of friends, who I learned do read the blog, alerting my Favorite Panamanian to my comments. I’m guessing my biggest mistake was mentioning the mystery woman’s physical attributes. Big mistake. I’ve been subjected to merciless ribbing in the aftermath. If I ask my wife a question, her pert answer is usually, “Why don’t you ask your girlfriend?” I’ve gone into what we used to call in the Army, hull defilade position, trying to dodge the most painful incoming rounds. I’ve given up trying to profess my complete innocence or trying to convince her the young lady could not be possibly interested in a broken down old senior citizen like me. I think she’s doing this just to keep in shape and to remind me that she knows how to use a machete with deadly ferocity. I’m on what is known as the straight and narrow until this blows over.

All Mostly Forgiven by Sunset

BRS and BR3 Mugging
We didn’t get any calls from the kids this weekend but we did get this photo of the BRS and BR3. They’re both saying “cheese” as the photo was taken and you can see BR3 is really putting her heart into it. BR3 is quite a ham when we have FaceTime calls with her. As soon as she hears the phone conversation start, she immediately launches into loud and boisterous “HI!” repeatedly. It is so cool. She reminds of the younger version of the FBR before that worthy became too sophisticated to actually speak with grandparents during calls.

Sunset Last Night




We had a very full house at the condo complex yesterday which made the internet connection balky at best. Luckily most had left by the time the NFL football playoffs started. We saw what may have been Tom Brady’s last game but the evening game between Kansas City and Buffalo was the best football game I’ve ever seen. I’m not as fan of either team, especially Buffalo, but I couldn’t take my eyes off the screen as both quarterbacks dueled all game long. Each time one team would go ahead the other would respond. You would think a three-point lead with 13 seconds left would be safe but Kansas City took advantage of some really dumb coaching decisions from Buffalo to first tie the game and then win it in overtime. It was one of those games I wish I was watching with some friends so we cold marvel together. The three resident Panamanian ladies only spared exasperated looks at me as I tried to convince them something special was going on.  

Beach This Morning - No Mystery Woman in Sight


Always Run into Flocks of Seabirds on our Morning Walks

Getting Too Close


Wife on Lookout for Random Women during our Walk This Morning
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment