Thursday, January 6, 2022

Healthy Questions

A couple of friends brought up an interesting thesis after yesterday’s post about my wife’s remarkable recovery from the stomach bug bequeathed to her during our most recent visit to my Favorite Son’s abode. They combined the fact that my wife was feeling better immediately after I also reported her malady resulted in me having to do a lot of the pre-deployment cleaning activities around the house. I want to go on record as stating I did not ascribe to these views, especially if my Favorite Panamanian is reading this. I joked with her about this exact same thing afterwards and she gave the same answer as I did on yesterday’s post. That this couldn’t be true because she’s one of those who values cleanliness with Godliness and we all know how religious she is. She then went on to point out that my standards in the cleanliness department do not even approach hers so as to suggest anything other than a true sickbed allowing these important tasks to fall to me is ludicrous. I don’t think it was one of those thou dost protest too much situations either.


We’re down to the last few pre-deployment tasks, outside of my Favorite Panamanian pointing out where my cleaning efforts were sub-standard. I brought the flagpole in yesterday since it was warm enough that it was no longer frozen into the ground. The house sitter comes by today for an orientation and I have to hit Home Depot to see if they have some brackets we need for the condo. I’m not confident in my success there but who knows. We’re at that point where we just want the planning and traveling to be over so we can relax on the beach. The past few weeks, while eminently enjoyable, have been physically taxing. I’m ready for a rest and there is no better place to achieve that than at the most beautiful beach in the world. I may be a bit biased but there is abundant evidence to prove my point. Now to just get there.

I cringed when I saw the result of the major snow storm that hit Northern Virginia a couple days ago. They now have more snow than we do which is scary. I spent over ten years living in that area and we loved the it, except for the traffic and when it snowed. As a native New Englander I was so frustrated with the local government’s response to snow storms when we lived there. It snows every year there but it seems to surprise them, every year. I’m sure most heard the news reports of thousands of cars stranded on I-95 for more than 27 hours. In this day and age that is just flat incompetence.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment