Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunset Boogie Boarding and Morning Mystery Woman

I know, I know, it’s tough for my frozen fellow New Englanders to constantly see these pictures of me lounging on the beach. Think of it this way, this is your chance to realize, in the depths of your suffering, that there are better, more tropical places to aspire to experience some day. So, I guess what I’m saying is that I am, in reality, performing a public service. Not buying it, huh. I didn’t think so but it was worth the effort.

Wife and I

Wife and PanaGal
Yesterday was spent, where else, on the beach, as the condo filled up with more people than we’ve seen since our arrival. I think they were wondering about the big gringo swimming in the early morning pool while tethered to an umbrella stand. I’ll let them try and figure that out. Our guest PanaGal brought an underwater camera and took some shots as my Favorite Panamanian and I engaged in some sunset boogie boarding. There were some really funny videos as well but they were all too large to post here (why is there never someone under forty around when you need one!?) The waves were not great for this session but I ran into one big enough to snap my board in half. We’ll see if all these claims about super glue hold water, literally.

Wife and Her Mom at the Pool

Sunset from the Waves

Wife and I





I was able to watch the highly entertaining NFL playoff games despite a balky internet signal which I think is associated with the increased population, including several teenagers, who share the condo signal. Both games went down to a last-minute field goal. At least that’s what I found out later about the Green Bay game as the power went out just as the 49ers were mounting their last drive. By the time everything came back up the game was over. Still, I got to watch them which is a quantum leap in our condo technology over prior years. Thank you once again Wingman and daughter.
Beach This Morning
I met the early morning beach mystery woman this morning. Each morning while I’m in my own workout I’ve noticed a fairly attractive woman walking a “dog” ( a chihuahua – so really a rat with a hormone problem) along the beach. Yesterday she was singing at the top of her voice when she walked by, I’m assuming mimicking something she heard on her headphones. This morning I was doing my ab workout at our pool when she walked up and introduced herself. She was even more attractive close up and turned out to be a Philadelphia gal renting a house down the beach. She came over because she’d stepped on something on the beach which was lodged in her foot. We talked for a while and I pointedly made reference to my Favorite Panamanian, I didn’t dare look up to see if she was watching from our balcony. The gal finally asked me if I had any tweezers which gave me the chance to go upstairs and report the encounter to my wife (my days of living dangerously are far behind me). She was amused and I thought I was in the clear until as I headed for the door she remarked, “So yesterday this woman was serenading you and now she is sitting by the pool with you?” Some good deeds, etc., etc.

Mystery Woman in Distance
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment