Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Sunset Crew and New Connection

I was reunited with my Favorite Panamanian as Panama’s premiere social butterfly returned home with her mom, aunt, and uncle in tow. I’ve written before that as we get older the separations get tougher, even if they’re just for a day, despite that day being filled with football watching. We’re celebrating the uncle’s birthday today. It’s his 80th so there won’t be any table top dancing but, since we’re dealing with Panamanians, there is no guarantee of that. They arrived in time to join us for our daily ritual viewing of the sunset which did not disappoint. I’m into my fourth beerless day without issue which surprised my Favorite Panamanian.

The Sunset Crew





She thinks anyone who likes beer must be a closet alcoholic and to be perfectly honest I have given her ample evidence over the years that I really like beer. I can however leave it when I need to but she’s always been suspicious despite some nearly yearlong deployments while in the Army where I couldn’t drink at all. As I look back at some of my postings here on Frail Deeds, I’m sure there are those who think I walk around half in the bag most of the time. In way of explanation, I may have taken some poetic license with some of my beer drinking prowess. I enjoy it but can leave it when I need to, such as during ear infection abatement operations. Still, First Friday approacheth and with it - beer!!!   

Beach This Morning

We had a very nice surprise last evening while I was watching John Wick in the bedroom while the Panamanians were glued to the big TV watching their telenovela (I was roundly outvoted). I’d sent an email to Keene Friend after remembering he owns an iPad. In way of explanation, if you have an iPhone or iPad we can Facetime call each other from here. As John Wick was into his second dozen face shots, Keene Friend popped up on my phone’s screen, I was able to show him the interior of the condo and the Panamanians, who all know him, were able to say hi. It was so great talking to my old friend as he commences his newest adventures. Please keep him in your prayers.

So Great Having my Morning Beach Walk Partner Back
Along with the Birthday "Boy"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment