Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Birthday and Confirmation

Yesterday was another fun day at the beach as we celebrated the 80th birthday of my wife’s uncle. It was obviously lower key than some of the other birthday celebrations I’ve been associated with but was still a lot of fun. We scorched some dead animal flesh on the grill and then sent a birthday cake to its fitting end. I’m still trying to figure out why Panamanians put all kinds of fruit in their cakes, forcing me to eat around that infiltration. The Panamanians loved it. I was enlisted to mine the ice cream which I could have used a jackhammer for. I’m thinking our freezer is back in working order.

Birthday Lunch

Birthday Boy with Cake


Wife Presenting Cake
We head back to David to return the partygoers home and to take up another movie night. We also have to lay in some supplies as well as buy a new hot water heater which I learned isn’t that expensive. A return to hot showers would be more than welcome. Speaking of welcome, I received conformation yesterday that we have a bona fide visitor from the States inbound. None other than the Cantankerous Friend himself will spend the last week of March with us and we are psyched. I’m sure there will spirited discussions of everything I’m doing wrong but at least I have my secret weapon (not really that secret) – the Favorite Panamanian. I’m really looking forward to showing one of my oldest friends around my second home.

Sunset Last Night






Beach This Morning

Senor Brady finally made it official yesterday and announced his retirement from the NFL. I tell the “kids” how fortunate they were to grow up during the golden age of New England sports and Brady was a huge part of that as far as the Patriots are concerned. In a time when most athletes spend most of their time screaming for people to look at them and celebrate them, Brady decided to forego a final season tribute games. I’ll remember him as an absolute assassin that we were all fortunate to see play. A once in a generation player.

Bye Tom, Thanks For all the Titles
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment