Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Joy Search

It is not fair that today is BRS’ birthday as it arrived as the family in engulfed in tragedy but maybe, just maybe it’s medicinal. The BRS turns four today and was all smiles when we talked with her this morning and she opened the gifts we had sent her. She now has full Princess Elsa and Anna dresses from Frozen as well as wigs for both characters. She looked very pleased and gushed about the dresses. In a time we are searching for anything uplifting, the BRS supplied it with her innocent joy.

BRS Garbed up This Morning



BR3 Handled the Focus on her Sister Well
I’m still reeling from the news of Soxfather’s situation and am trying to find reason where none exists. I had to stay busy yesterday and that was easy enough as I wandered through the internet making the necessary reservations on two different airlines to return to the States. Hopefully in time to share some time with my brother. You often hear the expression - enjoy every day because you never know. Soxfather’s situation brought that home in no uncertain terms. We’re leaving the suddenly joyless beach shortly for the first leg of my journey home. We’re driving up to David where I have to get a Covid test and then fly down to Panama City tomorrow. After a hotel stay near the airport I’m flying back to New Jersey on Thursday where I’ll pick up my car and start the final leg by driving to Rhode Island. Please keep Soxfather in your prayers. I’m not sure when or even if I’ll be writing here again.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – Blog Reader #3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Wingmom – Wingman’s mom, of course; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate– high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

2 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for your whole family. My heart is breaking at this very sad news. Sending love....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete