Friday, April 16, 2021

Spousal Weather Concerns

One of the ongoing discussions my Favorite Panamanian and I have had over the past couple years with full retirement bearing down on me has been the length of our annual stay here at the condo. The opening position has always been we will be here from January through March each year. That is why being here in April is a bit of an outlier, another pandemic repercussion. Negotiations on the length of our stay were reopened this morning when my wife saw weather reports from back home. Worcester received nearly five inches of snow overnight and as I was talking with some of my subordinates today, they said it was still snowing like crazy. While we have received several doses of rain over our stay here, it certainly trumps what my front yard looks like today. I accessed the front door camera and made the mistake of showing my Favorite Panamanian. She can now effectively any arguments I can present about being down here for the start of the rainy season.

Comparing this Front View

With Our Worcester Front Yard

A Friend's Worcester Back Deck this Morning
She immediately said she wasn’t sure even a May return was a good idea. She does have a tendency to overreact to circumstances occasionally (our children are nodding after reading that). I’m trying to make the point that a snow storm this late in April is abnormal. Today is not a good time to be making that point however (see attached photo). One of the results of being here later in the year means that we are an hour earlier than East Coast time since they don’t have daylight savings here. The consequence of this being the FBR’s breakfast FaceTime Call comes in at 6:15am. It remains a good way to start the day off and the beach is already calling at that point anyways. April isn’t so bad, at least down here; Worcester, not so much.

Beach This Morning


Wherever you find yourself however – IT IS THE FIRST FRIDAY OF THE WEEK! Celebrate!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment