Thursday, April 29, 2021

Clock Ticking

I sit here typing this on my last Thursday on the beach, for 2021 at least. I know there are some of you out there, you know who you are, who immediately say, but we have beaches in the USA! You are right only in the literal sense. Having spent this amount of time at Las Lajas, (a personal record), I know I’ve been permanently ruined for other any other beach. The experience would just come up short. Today is a perfect example. The first half of the day was gray and overcast but it still turned out to be a great morning on the beach. My Favorite Panamanian and a visiting Panagal joined me for some of the best boogie boarding since our arrival (and that is a high standard).

Wife and I Dancing Last Evening

Full Moon is Bringing High Tides
We dodged the Panamanian beach authorities who opined the water was too dangerous for recreation. It wasn’t. The Panagal joined us last evening in time to participate in our nightly sunset ritual beachside. The sunset wasn’t up to Las Lajas’ usual standard but she had brought some vintage 70s and 80’s rock music with her that soon had us dancing on the beach. At one point we couldn’t remember the name of a song and I was forced to contact my ringer in that regard, Keene Friend. Shortly after the question was asked we had our answer, Steppenwolf’s Born to be Wild, which was playing in the background when I called Keene Friend to thank him. Even Siri had been stumped before we reached out to him.

Cavalry Stopped by Last Evening
We ‘re starting to pack up things. Okay, that’s mostly my wife but we all know how dedicated a packer she is. I’ve been charged with some of the bigger projects like climbing a ladder and taking down the balcony sun shades. That always makes me a bit nervous since I end up leaning out over the three-story fall. If this is my last ever post on Frail Deeds, you’ll know what happened (talk about tempting fate!). I’m gong to take some time in tomorrow’s post to reflect on the past month and our stay later in the year than planned. That damned clock is still ticking though, by this time next week I’ll typing from the Man Cave, my heretofore pandemic dungeon.

So So Sunset Yesterday





Beach This Morning


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

 

No comments:

Post a Comment