Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Showery Forecast

I don’t mean the kind that falls from the sky. I’ve noticed one of the things life on the beach calls for is an excessive amount of showers. Those of you who have spent any time around me are probably thinking to yourselves, finally! But I digress; the cool thing about this location is the abundance of showers available. We have one posted next to the pools so you can wash off salt and sand from the ocean and the beach. There’s also a community facility with indoor showers available to wash off the sand that inevitably ends up inside the bathing suits. Another lesson learned from both beach and the desert – sand gets, literally, everywhere. Finally, there’s the shower once I get back to the condo which is the only one of the showers with hot water. Not to fret though, I don’t think the Panamanians understand what a cold shower is because the unheated water comes out lukewarm.

Wife and I Walking into the Sunset Last Night

The Poolside Shower
I’ve had my first couple business meetings via a couple of different platforms and it’s as if I never left the Man Cave. Of course, there’s the different background where I have to assure people I’m talking with that it is not a computer filter. I’ve had to dodge a very active Roomba over the past couple days as my Favorite Panamanian is into one of her patented cleaning phases. This is always dangerous territory for me since I am the prime contributor to chaos in our life.

The Crowded Beach

My Avian Friends


We planned on a long walk on the beach last evening as the sun was setting but the granddaughters had other plans. First my son and then the FBR called via FaceTime and we all know granddaughters trump beach walks. BR3 is truly upping her game in the mobility department. Last night she showed that she can now climb stairs. She did this in hot pursuit of the BRS whom she finds fascinating. The FBR noted our location, we were on the beach when she called, and opined that she wished she could be with us. A shared desire in the matter of understatements. The beach was really crowded, I could see four other people a few hundred yards away.

FBR Giving me a Thumbs Up

Two Stars

That Sunset



The shortened walk was a lot of fun though. One of the FBR’s favorite activities from her last visit here was to chase off the flocks of sea birds adorning the shore. I must have been channeling her inner vibe because I tried to do the same thing. There was a huge flock of I think terns having a very noisy confab just down the shore from us. As I walked up none moved until I was literally in the midst of them, at which point several hundred burst into the air. It was kind of cool. The FBR has some great ideas. The walk was also memorable because we were treated to the most spectacular sunset of our stay so far. I know you’re not supposed to look directly into the sun but it was hard to resist. Another day in paradise and I’m kind of getting used to it.  

Beach This Morning



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment