Sunday, April 11, 2021

Moist End of Week

So the power went on again on Saturday although this time it was for maintenance of the system. It still kept me from posting yesterday. It was a small loss since we were heading back to David to celebrate my brother in law’s birthday. More on that later today or tomorrow. We’re back at the beach enjoying a full day off in the sand and surf. The blog post below was what I was about to post yesterday. I also have included some photos and a video from my bungee swimming session, as requested by Great Aunt during First Friday’s Family FaceTime.

Beachside First Friday Facetime
Saturday’s Post: Yesterday’s post was supposed to be Thursday’s. Those of you of the eagle eye variety will note I didn’t post on Thursday. That was due to a power outage that knocked out the WIFI here. We’re at the end of a very long tenuous electrical line that has shown a proclivity to go down at the worst times. I actually remarked to my wife on Thursday morning that we had been lucky so far. No sooner had those words left my mouth than – cue the thunder storm and five minutes later the lack of power. This happened around 2pm and we waited for it to come back on until sunset with no luck. Since it had gone out with a lot of daylight the condo was getting kind of ripe without the A/C and it doesn’t have window screens. One of the PanaGals came to our rescue.

Bungee Swimming



She’s my sister in law’s best friend and one of the ladies who spent some time prepping the condo for us. In other words, a hero. She invited us to stay with her for the night so we drove into David and watched a movie with her and enjoyed her hospitality. We heard the power came back on around midnight so we drove back for breakfast in the condo on Friday morning. Luckily the power went out after my last business meeting of the week and I was able to knock out the required calls on Friday. We then enjoyed a memorable First Friday celebration from the beach. The FBR precociously reminded everyone we were not using a background but the actual beach was out backdrop. Another of those pesky storms blew in to chase us off the beach before we had truly finished talking with Great Aunt and Soxfather but there it is. It was still sprinkling this morning so my workout was from our balcony but the Pacific Ocean did serve up a spectacular rainbow that the photos do not do justice to.

Saturday Morning Rainbow into the Pacific


Rainy Saturday Morning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment