Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Working Out

I’ve become a big fan of my daughter and wingman’s new Peloton bike during our stay here. It has a feature where you can load scenic rides to watch as you peddle, seemingly though whatever target ride you’ve chose. Over the past few days I revisited Bern, Switzerland as well as San Francisco and three different rides in Panama. The work outs here are especially fun because they take place immediately after our morning wakeup call from the FBR. She stands alongside me as I go through the exercises the physical therapist recommended I continue as well as the belly crunches and leg lifts. This morning she stood on a stool next to me as I peddled on the bike and narrated what we were seeing on the screen. Some workouts just fly by.

My Workout Buddy

Check Your Form Grandpa!

A Great Partner

FBR and Wife Do Yoga While I Ride
Over the past few days the FBR has also inculcated me into the cult that is – High School Musical. Both the FBR and the BRS are huge fans of these Disney movies and the FBR clearly remembered that I promised to watch them while I was here. The kid forgets nothing, unfortunately, in this case. So, I’m up to speed with numbers one through three watching the adventures or Troy and Gabriel and the East High bunch. I’m told I have yet another one to view today called Sharpay’s Big Adventure. Grandparenting isn’t always easy.


FBR Launches a Rocket Which I am Expected to Catch
My Favorite Panamanian and I took our Covid tests today in preparation for our flight to Panama tomorrow night. We were promised results within 24 hours and it took less than two hours, both negative. This means we won’t be officially required to quarantine upon arrival although we will keep our distance from my mother in law until two weeks after we arrive. There are worse places to keep social distances than in Las Lajas. The beach is definitely calling.

Building What She Described as Best Tower Ever with her Mom

Wingman & I Took Offense as we Both Thought we Held That Title

She Was Right Though
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment