Monday, March 15, 2021

Parting Shots

I’m led to believe that winter hasn’t quite finished with us yet. I stored the puzzle table in the Man Cave since I’d finished all the resident puzzles and didn’t wanted to be tempted to do another when I could get outside on some of my winter delayed projects. Then yesterday happened by. I walked upstairs to find my Favorite Panamanian bemoaning something I quite dramatically. I almost asked her what was wrong and then I looked outside. We were in the middle of a driving snow storm. The outside projects will have to wait a few more days as winter once again descends. This morning felt like the coldest day of the year so far which is a formidable standard to beat.

Deckzilla Yesterday
Since we have granddaughter visits coming up my wife spent almost the entire day Sunday in the kitchen preparing Easter cookies. This challenge to my Keto routine offered me a chance to impose strict discipline on my uncontrollable urge to sneak cookies. I was mostly successful. She started just after lunch and didn’t finish until nearly midnight. I am forbidden from showing you the final product because she wants them to be a surprise but I was stunned at the professional look of the results of her day long efforts. Blessedly, they were consigned to the freezer until delivery to granddaughters can be effected.

Cookie Construction Underway
The New Hampshire bunch was back home after their weekend at the ABFA’s folks’ house to bid farewell to the ABFA’s grandmother. The BRS proudly proclaimed that she is now completely potty trained and should be a considered a big girl now. BR3 decided to take pity on her parents and granted them almost a full night’s sleep. My son slept on the couch so he would be rested for the trip home. At least that was his story as to why he was on the couch, I didn’t push inquiry.

BR3 in the Daddy Chariot

Almost Too Cute for Words

Last Night During our Call
It was decidedly warmer in New Jersey yesterday which allowed the FBR a day outside playing with her friends. She remains very excited about our upcoming visit and I got the firm impression she has a full docket of activities scheduled for us. I got a report on Friday’s movie night where the FBR said she was a little bit scared by a Disney dragon. My daughter then chimed in that the FBR was so scared that she was insisting on watching the same movie again. The apple falling from the tree leaps to mind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment