Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Latest Good News

I saw the prostate surgeon earlier this week as we approach the six-month mark after my September surgery. The news was uniformly good as the PSA count continues to be almost negligible, below .01, whatever that means. I gave them a huge thank you for the referral to the pelvic floor physical therapist for the wonders she achieved in our time together. They want to see me in three more months but basically told me to continue to do what I’m doing because it’s working. As I have said before, 2021 is shaping up to be an entirely different year in terms of good news; but again, we’re overdue.

Now that I have fulfilled my responsibility to Great Aunt to keep her updated my progress I can sleep better tonight. The rest of the week will be spent preparing for, well, next week. Yes, life in Pandemia is still with us, a gift from the benighted 2020. That makes the impending widespread distribution of the vaccine all the more 2021-like. I’m back to doing easier puzzles and polished off this one in less than two days, off and on. In granddaughter news, BR3 is taking her new found crawling ability to the next level and now that she has figured out how to move towards things she wants, Riggins is  in trouble. The family dog became the first target last night during our call. Riggins is going to have reduced safe areas for the foreseeable future.

Latest Puzzle
Finally I received this video from my good buddies in the Roothuggers which proves a theory I've long held - the medicinal effects of beer. It looks like I'll have to abandon my once a week consumption and go to more daily imbibing. All in the interests of science, of course.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment