Saturday, August 29, 2020

Wind Down

My two-week sojourn in soul restoration therapy, courtesy of my daughter, Wingman, and the FBR comes to a close tomorrow. It is somewhat fitting that today is overcast and rainy as that kind of matches the feeling of impending separation. Of course, I have to follow the advice I always give to others when faced with similar circumstances – don’t let the melancholy of imminent separation ruin the time remaining together. That is so easy to do with this bunch.

FBR Sorting SIlverware
Loves Helping Abuela

We had another memorable First Friday last night with Wingman’s incomparable pizza and maybe a few adult beverages. This was followed by FBR movie night where we saw the animated Tarzan movie. My Favorite Panamanian campaigned for me to demonstrate my now retired Tarzan yell but cooler heads prevailed. I didn’t want SWAT descending on the house. The FBR and I conducted an experiment on who could eat popcorn faster – I think I’m still the champ.

Wasn't Hard Work - At All!

I Remain a Fashion Explosion



Card Shark

Playing With Same Barbies Her Mother Did Thirty Years Ago

Going to Miss Her, So Much

The FBR has also mastered the slinky down the stairs project. This meant we only had to do it 748 times over the past two days. I can deny her literally nothing. I think Pee Wee the cat was a little stressed with the constant sound of the slinkley descending the stairs repeatedly. The FBR decided “slinky” was too mundane a name and re-christened it – slinkley. I’m going to really miss our early morning wakeup calls from the FBR and the almost constant heart tugging chatter. I have, however, been banned from assisting her with puzzles for the time being. I guess she didn’t like the competition.
Slinkley Descending




BRS HAppily Back in School

And Rocking a New Hairdoo Each Day

During last night’s First Friday family Facetime call the BRS was able to coo in pleasure when seeing Pee Wee the cat which the FBR always manages to carry off for her cousin. The BRS was coming off her triumphant return to pre-school and the ABFA reported the BRS was a complete success although her mom missed her more than anticipated. I don’t think this officially qualifies as a case of Stockholm Syndrome but its close after the 5 months locked up together in Pandemia. I can’t wait to see this other patch of granddaughters next week, hopefully.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment