Thursday, August 6, 2020

Adjustments

I am truly enjoying retired life, so far. I haven’t listened to an alarm clock in nearly a week now. Of course, the Army kind of ruined sleeping in for me as I find myself wide awake at 6am regardless of the inoperative alarm clock. This just gives me something to work on. I do notice that the day seems to fly by a lot faster which is probably due to the fact I’m doing things I choose to do rather than dictated by employment.

FBR and Outdoors Pee Wee
The granddaughters blessed me with some nice photos yesterday. The New Jersey bunch lost power for the second day in a row due to the after effects of Hurricane Isaias. This meant another late afternoon out on the deck. They even brought Pee Wee, a decidedly indoor cat, outside to the delight of the FBR. An even better outcome, at least for the FBR, was a delayed bedtime for the FBR. She has definitely inherited her mother’s disdain for wasting time actually sleeping. She completed another 500-piece puzzle which is more than incredible for a four-year-old. She loves learning and recites the latest facts she’s acquired each day during our calls.

BRS Deploying That Smile

BR3 Wide Awake
The northern contingent also checked in with some cool pictures. The BRS has one of the most infectious smiles I’ve ever run across. She can use it to devastating effect, especially on grandparents. Riggins returned home after spending a few days with the ABFA’s parents. That was akin to paradise for him since there were no young ladies to contend with while he was spoiled lavishly. BR3 continues to evolve into a wide awake and self-aware young lady who blesses her parents with continual full nights of sleep which can only be truly appreciated by new parents.

Bedtime Delayed!!!

BRS Hiding in Garden

Deck Time Pee Wee

Not Convinced the Leash is Appreciated
We ended the night out on Deckzilla last evening with a surprise, socially distanced visit from the Neighborhood Mafioso. They dropped off a retirement card and we had a nice talk which only brought home how much this simple social interaction means especially in Pandemia. Having close friends so close was one of the primary reasons we decided to settle here in Worcester and last night was a small part of the redemption of that decision. I also finished off my watch of Luc Besson films. My ranking is below although all were very watchable. Besson has a deft touch with action and very funny, engaging characters. The side comments by Guy Pearce as Snow in Lockout and John Travolta as Wax in From Paris with Love are truly memorable and incredibly funny.  

Last 2 Watched
The Ranking: 

1 - The Fifth Element

2 - Taken 

3 - Léon: The Professional     

4 - From Paris with Love

5 - Lockout

6 - 3 Days To Kill 

7 - Taken 2

8 - Lucy

9 - Taken 3       

10 - The Transporter

11 - Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

12 - Colombiana

13 - Anna

14 - Point of No Return 

15 - Hitman         

16 - Transporter 2

17 - Kiss of the Dragon

18 - Brick Mansions       

19 - Transporter 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                          

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn


No comments:

Post a Comment