Monday, August 24, 2020

Mouth of Babes

Today marks a big day in the life of the BRS and a huge day in the life of her parents. The BRS returned to day care/pre-school today for the first time since most were closed at the beginning of the Pandemic. The BRS was left off without any tears and the ABFA was quick to point out that included the parental units as well. We’ll get a full report on her return tonight but having seen how frustrating it can be for youngsters to be away from friends for so long I’m sure she’ll be very happy. The ABFA also gets a huge break for not having to squire two of my granddaughters around the house for the entire day.

First Day Back!

And Very Happy About It!
Meanwhile Solo Daytime Hangs with the ABFA for this Girl

She Seems Happy About it
There have been some really funny moments down here in New Jersey with the ever quotable FBR. We were sitting around the table this morning, working on a puzzle (duh - a given) while my Favorite Panamanian was nearby in the kitchen listening to her daily papal mass. My wife was singing some of the hymns when the FBR looked over at me very seriously and said, “Abuela is kind of a church girl, isn’t she?”. When I could breathe again from laughing at the vast understatement of my precocious granddaughter, I confirmed her grandmother was indeed.

In the Pool With Mom
As we continued to work on the puzzle the FBR continued her incisive observations on her abuela. When church services were over my wife started making lunch preparations. The FBR leaned over to me and said, “Abuela is kind of a noisy person, isn’t she?”. Once again, once I could breathe again after snorting the contents of my water bottle up through my nose, I told the FBR she had no idea of the decibel level living with her abuela entailed. My wife and I both couldn’t stop laughing when I reported the FBR’s astute observations.

Very Happy Pair
Yesterday was the last day of my daughter’s vacation and she was bound and determined to spend some time in the pool with the FBR. I could tell from the reaction of Wingman and the FBR to that announcement that this was a momentous event. My daughter comes from the same school on water temps as her mother, my wife. If the water is not bath tub warm she isn’t going near it. After seeing the FBR’s earlier histrionics relative to cold pool water she bravely entered the water without comment although my wife and I could tell it was a complete exercise in self-control for her not to leap out immediately. We could also tell how much the FBR cherished having he mom in the pool to play with.

I Was Told in No Uncertain Terms
The FBR was Responsible for Batter Licking
I was in the midst of providing my wife her own kind of agility drill. We were seated in the backyard outside the pool when somehow her glass of cranberry juice spilled, all over her. Since I was in the vicinity, blame was immediately assigned. Later, after getting a refill for her glass I reached over to hold her hand and shortly thereafter felt a very cold splash on my arm. I opened my eyes to find the new glass of cranberry juice was once again spilled, allover her. It became a joke at this point and I don’t need to tell you who the butt of said joke was. Finally this morning my wife was making a cake in the kitchen (good place to do so) and I was doing everything I could to help (I did say she was making a cake, didn’t I?). In the midst of my well-meaning assistance I just happened to spill her latest glass of cranberry juice. At least this time she was far enough away to avoid it, so, progress.

She Did Prove to be an Expert
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment