Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Debate Over

I conducted a long internal debate with myself prior to posting the blog yesterday about my prostate cancer diagnosis. I wasn’t sure I would/should/could share the details. That debate is obviously over because I did publish it. I’m so glad I did. I received a large number of supporting messages from family and friends from across the world. I was surprised so many had close family members who had gone through it. A high school classmate wrote me a long message revealing he had the procedure two years ago and offered me some great advice. He also volunteered to serve as a resource as I wander through the post-op period. While my Favorite Panamanian and I were watching the Red Sox get pummeled again last night we received a number of phone calls from friends offering their support. This included the Pittsburgh College Roommate who indicated he may be moving up from his "minor" celebrity status. It was fun to laugh with him, again.

BRS With her New Dress
The same thing happened back in 2001 on 9/11 when so many friends, knowing I was assigned to the Pentagon, called to insure I was okay and offer support. I shouldn’t be surprised because I know the quality of people I’ve been blessed with throughout my life, both in the family and friend departments. I think that’s what life is all about, being surrounded by people who care. The writing also allowed to laugh about the variety of situations I’ve gone through over the past few weeks. Laughing at a circumstance robs the power from that situation to scare you. To all of you who reached out in any form, thank you, your messages meant so much. I got this.


Way Too Cute
As evidenced by the accompanying photos I have another granddaughter captured by the Disney corporation’s endless assault on our hearts. The FBR is the proud owner of several Disney princess gowns, wearing them for days on end at times. The BRS is following her cousin’s example with the dress we gave her over the weekend. The FBR also demonstrated her increasingly flawless coloring skill, already light years ahead of her grandfather’s ability, in one of her Facetime calls yesterday. The picture she skillfully created was, you guessed it, Disney princesses; all of them.

Beauty Can't be Blurred

Next Vice President - Fingers Crossed
Some big news over night with Biden picking Kamala Harris as his running mate. I was hoping she would get it because she’s more of a centrist that the other candidates and continues the Democrat push towards the center. That’s the only way they’ll beat the Twitterer in Chief; especially since so many of the racial justice demonstrations have turned to looting and rioting. One the saddest things I’ve seen is the literal hijacking of a movement that had finally gained the necessary foothold in mainstream political thought. The anarchists and radical leftist actions have done nothing but damage the needed wake up call.

Latest Alien Watch
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                           

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

1 comment:

  1. Parkersan, Glad to see you kept your sense of humor. Growing old ain't for the weak. The biopsy description was hysterical. Gave new meaning to the "rooting" saga. Hang tough and holler if I can do anything.

    ReplyDelete