Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Cake Monsters

My Favorite Panamanian finally got the hint the FBR and I had been dropping for a couple days and made the cake I talked about in the last post. The FBR claims she made the cake but beyond the intense licking of the spatula I think full credit rests with my wife. The FBR and I had taken a cake mix down form storage and left it conspicuously apparent in areas my wife was known to traffic. Eventually she got the hint and the resident cake monsters (FBR and myself) were served. She did make one tactical error though in allowing the FBR to apply the sugary sprinkles. Wingman noticed what was going on in time to save the cake from collapsing under the weight of the sprinkle coating.

Sprinkle Laden Cake

The BRS was a complete success at her first day back at day care/preschool as these pictures will attest. After no histrionics whatever on day 1 she decided her mother had had it easy enough and pitched some histrionics yesterday during drop off. By the time we caught up with them last night she was fully recovered and lecturing her dad on a number of subjects. During our nightly call, the FBR will assume control of the iPad and ask her cousin if she wants to see something. The BRS’ answer is always yes and they usually end up admiring Pee Wee the cat. BR3 looks on with bemused understanding for her very busy sister and cousin.






Speaking of Pee Wee; our long-standing duel appears to be over. I am sharing my daughter’s attic home office with her during our stay. Pee Wee has apparently accepted my daughter’s welcome of me into their heretofore sacrosanct location. In a completely unprecedented move the cat climbed into my lap yesterday and stayed there for nearly twenty minutes while my daughter looked on in open mouthed astonishment. Pee Wee used to run screaming from any room I entered.

Former Antagonists Now Working Together

Yes, I was a Little Nervous

Each evening during our stay we inevitably end up in the living room watching either a movie or just chatting with my daughter and Wingman. Over the past few nights we’re binge watching the last two seasons of The Office. These were the seasons after Steve Carrell left and I’d never seen them. I was surprised at how funny the show remained. It’s the perfect show to watch with others because laughter can be contagious and oh so welcome during these times.

Now They're Making Chocolate Chip Cookies

I may Have to Up my Exercise Game
My wife and the FBR have also decided to combine their talents in the daily card game. The game is five crowns and the FBR has inherited as well as been coached by the ultimate games-man, Wingman. She regularly trounces me the game and I'm thinking my wife  wanted to latch on to her success. They are too funny to watch together as the four year old card shark continues to school her grampa.

C'Mon Abuela - It Isn't that Hard

Another Winning Hand


Pee Wee Also Joined the FBR and My Daily Puzzle Making

At Least One of Us was Happy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives/friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment