Thursday, February 15, 2018

Granddaughtering

Favorite Son with the BRS

I have so genuinely enjoyed my first experience with a granddaughter that I was more than a little excited when the ABFA and Favorite Son bestowed another one on the scene. My Favorite Panamanian continues her “abuela time” up in New Hampshire with the BRS. I hopefully get her back on Saturday if all goes well. The BRS hosted a visiting nurse practitioner yesterday as one of the follow up checks. She didn’t fuss at all and took the examination with a calm demeanor that surprised everyone involved. She even put on some additional pounds in body weight after losing the normal amount directly after birth.
Riggins Keepin an Eye on his New Charge

Not to be outdone by this young whippersnapper, the BRS had her first ever dental exam today down in New Jersey. Everyone who knows the headstrong young lady she is developing into cringed a little bit in sympathy for the dentist involved. This was totally unfounded as Wingman reported she handled the experience with complete equanimity. I wish I could say the same thing about myself as I remembered dreading at the thought of a dentist appointment (kind of still do). At any rate the BRS celebrated by jumping in the very next puddle she could find (see accompanying photo).
The FBR Puddle Jumping

Flashing her Newly Buffed Teeth

And Being too Cute for Words
The best news is that I get to hang out with both granddaughters this weekend. The FBR comes up tomorrow with her brightly shining teeth and my daughter. The original plan was to take all of us up to NH to retrieve my wife and have them meet the BRS. Since both my daughter and the FBR recently got over nasty colds we’ll wait and see if the new parents want to approve that visit. Regardless I’m not coming back from New Hampshire without my wife on Saturday although I may have to fight my son and ABFA to release her.
Sitting up with the Nurse







No comments:

Post a Comment