Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Roving Gal

I’ve always known that I married a traveling gal. My favorite Panamanian just loves to hit the road, it’s something we share to a certain degree but I’m not seriously in her league. I used to be but the Army burnt some of that out of me, probably by all the “garden spots” around the world I ended up in. My wife, on the other hand, now leaps at each and every opportunity to travel (maybe she’s trying to tell me somethingJ). She embraced the constant moves the Army required of us instead of the usual implication that it should be viewed as a burden. Yesterday we made her airline reservations for the October journey out to California to commence her gramma watch in person. Wingman found a really cheap direct flight. He was concerned the return November flight wouldn’t get in until 1am but I told him that was perfect because even the Boston traffic subsides by that time (and I have been known for late night activity since my early youth). It was heartwarming to see how both of the two most important women in my life are looking forward to their time together.

My wife’s nomadic efforts were not complete however. The Virginia Musquetera’s sister is visiting from Venezuela and my wife felt a primal need to meet the sister of her sister (of the heart). I learned that the original plan was an October link up in New York but this was scuttled with the California diversion for my favorite Panamanian (I received the entire blow by blow account last night). To overcome this obstacle to the “required” meeting of these two august personalities my wife and the next door Mafioso are traveling to NYC today while the Virginia contingent approaches same from the south. Both groups will spend the afternoon together in the Big Apple before returning home tonight (weird but admirable).  I think a lot of her excitement was the fact she was hitting the road again with some serious conversation time on the agenda. Since I’m left to my own devices and this marks the first day in a week without cortisone ointment for poison ivy I’ll take in a horror movie tonight (an impossibility if I had my usual, preferred date).

No comments:

Post a Comment