Saturday, September 26, 2015

Low Key – Finally

Most of my usual co-conspirators were out of work yesterday so First Friday was in danger. I rescued the day by finally convincing my wife to join me. Yet another benefit of the move to Worcester is the five minutes it takes me to retrieve her after leaving work. We were joined by one other gal from work who is making a comeback from a serious health crisis earlier in the year. She and my wife spent most of the time talking which left me at loose ends to observe the comings and goings of the Worcester denizens along Shrewsbury Street which can be very entertaining.
My First Friday Dates Last Night
My wife did take notice of the very special care the ladies of Brew City accorded yours truly which did not pass without wifely comment. I told her that the service was rendered due to, in the immortal words of my excellent boss, “It’s called a tip!” She seemed to dismiss my comments that these ladies, all younger than my daughter, think of me as the elderly uncle type (sad but true). I sneaky kind of liked that she was still concerned but she took the opportunity to remind me of her prowess with a machete.

After First Friday we stayed at Brew City for dinner. My wife wasn’t sure of the decision but the food turned out to be excellent. I received another round of grilling when I mistakenly allowed her to see what I tipped on the bill. If nothing this should make it easier to convince her to attend future First Fridays. We ended the night with the next door Mafiosos who invited us over for some adult beverages and shared stories. Their granddaughters showed up for a very entertaining attack on a cake their grandmother prepared for them. It was a fantastic way to wind up a low key day to usher in a weekend to finally spend at home. I love our adventures but sometimes a deep breath is needed and we’re heading into a period where that will be hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment