Saturday, September 19, 2015

Firsting About

Yesterday morning I stopped by the bus station before going to work because the latest wave of Panamanian invaders returned from their adventures up and down the East Coast. We dropped them off in Connecticut last Saturday and since then they traveled to New York City, Washington DC, and North Carolina. They didn’t want to impose by having me drive to a distant location to retrieve them so they figured out how to catch a very early morning bus from New York City directly to Worcester.
Buddy Enjoying is Post Walk Massage
Buddy was apoplectic to have the latest victims of his charm back to continue to hone his technique upon. I returned home from the initial phases of First Friday to find that he had cajoled them into giving him a walk around the neighborhood. He then convinced them he had to have a massage following the walk. I’m not sure how he does it.
Dinner at Oli's
As previously stated I started First Friday celebrations with my co-workers at the comely laden environs of Brew City. We continued the party with a pizza dinner at nearby Oli’s. While there I received the latest photo update from the Cali-daughter on the progress of the First Blog Reader. Creation appears on track, glow intact.
First Blog Reader Progress
After dinner my wife was admirably performing her role as designated driver and somehow we ended up at Maxwell Silverman’s for some dancing, go figure. While there I discovered that I was up against what has to be the beer drinking champion of Panama. Usually I have little trouble in savaging whatever competition I have in terms of sheer volume consumed. My wife’s friend’s son matched me beer for beer though which was a little disconcerting, if entertaining. We had a very good time although my wife did take exception to my somewhat animated discussion of the large zipper adorning a dress bouncing around the dance floor. It’s at times like this a smarter man would keep his mouth shut.

At Silverman's

My Competition and his Girlfriend
Today promises to continue the fun as we head north so I can show the Panamanians that singular garden spot, New Hampshire. Keene Friend 2 is hosting an Oktoberfest themed birthday party for those of us fortunate enough to reach our 60th birthday this year. We’ll see if the Panamanian can maintain his pace for two days in a row. I love a challenge.
Some Competitions are More Fun Than Others

No comments:

Post a Comment