Saturday, April 4, 2015

Very Good Friday

My wife is nothing if not a very serious Catholic and these past few days always sees her at her most devout. She took a break yesterday from her projects to spend the day contemplating the most serious day of the Catholic calendar, Good Friday. She’s made it her life’s mission to make a better Catholic out of me. If she does get me into heaven I think she should be immediately canonized considering the material she had to work with.
A case in point would be yesterday where I joined my excellent boss for an early Frist Friday celebration which turned out to be a lot of fun. Most of it was at the expense of my operations manager who’s missed a couple Fridays’ I conspired with fabulous Brew City ladies to cajole him from the minute he walked in on his spotty attendance record. By the time I arrived he was in high form contesting his innocence. He immediately and rightfully accused me as the author of his plight; a very good time.
Best Part of the Day
An even better time was spent later with my favorite Friday night date. She took some time away from prayers to join me at Zorba’s for the last of the Lenten cheese pizzas (pepperoni returns next week!). We spent a lot of the dinner reflecting on what a great start 2015 has gotten off to (except for the odd 120 inches of snow that is) with filial good news constantly raising its head. The next month and a half are going to be a whirlwind with another trip to Panama, a weekend in Portsmouth, and then a cruise to Bermuda.

In my quest to try to impress my children with my stunted computer expertise I created my first ever .gifs out of the photos I’ve taken over the past month of the finally retreating snow. While I expect them to chuckle quaintly at my pride in this accomplishment, I for one, am impressed with myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment