Friday, April 17, 2015

Vacation Eve

As any regular reader of the blog will tell you I hold Fridays in high esteem. When you compound that most beloved of all weekdays with the last workday before a weeklong vacation; well let’s just say that I’m more than a little psyched. This will start a series of events over the next month that should strain my aging ability to party. It’s a challenge I intend to meet head on; with no excuses.
I’m even missing out on the latest Roothugger Reunion which is a good indication about the level of commotion I plan on subjecting myself to. My wife and I are flying down to Panama (again) on Monday morning so we can finalize paperwork on our future second home down there. We’re planning on spending future New England winters decidedly away from snow plows, closer to tropical beaches and cheap beer. By the end of this coming week I will be free to reveal the first of what I’m calling, “The Great Unspokens” where I have been officially muzzled by the ladies in my life.
Yesterday was spent finalizing details with the bank in Panama and arranging money transfers which my wife is handling today. She then threw herself into that spirited athletic competition that should be an Olympic event for Latin women – luggage packing. Neither my advice nor my consent was sought as she  packed both our suitcases. I’m thinking some of my favorite t-shirts did not make the cut. I can only imagine the sartorial splendor I shall parade around in next week. I wonder what I’ll say when the ticket agent asks me if I packed my own bags?

There will of course be an interruption in my daily blogging (you are welcome!). I don’t think it will be as much fun lording the tropical weather over my fellow New Englanders since spring has finally sprung and the rainy season is off to a very moist start down in Panama. That doesn’t mean I won’t give it a shot. Have a great weekend and be sure to celebrate today – the first Friday of the week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment