Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Return of Buddy!

The Wonder Pooch Returns
My friend and I traveled to Rhode Island last night where we received a suitably and typically emotional reception from Buddy, the wonder pooch.  We went out to eat with my sister’s family despite Buddy’s misgivings about letting us out of his sight again.  After dinner we went over to my brother in law’s sister’s house.  We had a simply great time sitting around, swapping stories, opinions, and generally catching up.  I really enjoy just being around these people and having one of my best friends from my home town only made the night better.  The subject of my blog came up and apparently the content provided something of a shock to my brother in law’s sister.  She claims that it was disturbing because at times I wander into opinions on the blog where I appear to have a modicum of sensitivity.  She said this was not part of my personae and that I should stop misleading people forthwith.  I thought this was hilarious and since she is a well-known contrarian, stating things just to get emotional responses and then sitting back to enjoy the carnage, I dismissed her concerns.  It was a good night.  This morning Buddy and I went for one of our long walks in the woods where I can let him off the leash and he generally frolics.  He’s become so good at coming back when called that I enjoy the walks, almost as much as he does.  Today will be a very busy day as I have home repairs (new window installation), supermarket foray, dog wash (mud from the walk), food prep for the week, and some rest.
Buddy Reconning the Trail for Me
Buddy Out Front on Our Walk This Morning

No comments:

Post a Comment