Sunday, February 19, 2012

Frisco Bound

I'm waiting for the airport limo company to come pick me up as I head out to San Francisco for the week.  I don't know if I'll have an reliable internet connection there so this may be the last blog for a few days.  I took Buddy down to my sister's house in Rhode Island last night and the house seems incredibly empty without his manic energy around.  I don't think I could tolerate the separation from the wife over the last few weeks if it hadn't been for his steadfast company.  He'll pick up a bad habit or three during the time he's lavishly spoiled in Rhode Island but he's earned it.  My sister went out of her way to prepare a great meal and I truly enjoyed spending a couple quiet hours with her and her husband.  We may even do another thunder run next Saturday when I go down to pick up Buddy.  I lent my son my usual suitcase last week figuring that my wife had secured a huge supply of spare luggage over the years.  She had, however nothing that was appropriate for this trip.  My son was celebrating a late Valentine's Day with his too excellent girlfriend so I could not reclaim my bag.  I went to the basement and dusted off an old military carry all.  After two trips through the washing machine you could barely smell the mildew any more - I was all set, until I mentioned this to my wife.  She told me that it was completely inappropriate and she wouldn't stand for it.  I told her that she wouldn't be with me and that I would deny any association with her if someone asked about the bag.  I was instructed to go back to the basement where she revealed a secret hiding place for another bag.  A good military wife, she had constituted a reserve which I now could deploy.  The funniest thing is that bag belongs to my son from whom my wife had borrowed it - so turn about was fair play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment