Wednesday, February 22, 2012

De-Hooterized in San Francisco

The Attack Turkey Of Hayward, CA From Yesterday's Post
Another day in California inspecting buses and dodging turkeys, luckily there was enough time left in the day to head over to San Francisco for the afternoon. The inspection ended about 11:30 so my coworker and I headed across the bay.  We passed by the headquarters of my son’s company and I felt good that I was seeing a place that I know he had been to, for some reason I felt a little connected to him.  We passed down the Embarcadero and had lunch near the famous Fisherman’s Wharf. My coworker, a mechanic who provides the technical expertise needed for the bus inspections, had his heart set on eating at a Hooters he saw on earlier trips.  On these earlier trips he was accompanied by a fairly devout Muslim manager who would not be caught dead in a place like Hooters.  I am extraordinarily less devout and felt it was my duty as an enlightened manager to accompany the mechanic on his culinary quest.  He was heartbroken when we arrived and learned that the Hooters had been closed in December.  I was surprised that it had ever existed in such a politically correct location as S.F.  We were lucky in that there was an In and Out right next door which serves exceptional hamburgers, that theme again.  We spent some time wandering around Ghirardelli Square and the wharf before getting back in the car.  I had never been across the Golden Gate Bridge so we drove over and stopped on the northern side.  We then took a round about way back to the hotel passing Sausalito, the infamous San Quentin Prison, Berkley, Oakland, and several places I remember from Dirty Harry movies.  It was a good day, even without the hooters.

Fisherman's Wharf

Sea Lions at the Wharf

Street Cars Near Ghirardelli Square
Standing Just North of Golden Gate Bridge
Sailor Statue for my Retired Navy Friend

1 comment:

  1. You're getting really great at the mobile posts, Dad, good job! Also, I think the In-n-Out burger is my favorite fast food burger!

    ReplyDelete