Friday, February 17, 2012

Globe Trotting Family

Way to Go, Kiddo!!!
As I sat in the empty house last night, although any house with Buddy in residence should not be considered empty, I reflected at how far flung the family currently was.  My daughter landed in Paris yesterday.  Her husband surprised her with a romantic trip fulfilling a long held dream of hers.  She was reviewing all the Paris based films that she loved to map out an itinerary.  My son, an engineer, was in Washington DC meeting with the State Department preparing to head over to Asia for a construction project.  My wife is down in her native Panama dealing with Indian uprisings and preparing for our 30th wedding anniversary which is apparently going to be a big deal.  As Buddy and I sat contemplating this wide separation I thought back to my Army career when I was the one always heading out for exotic locations while the family stayed at home.  One of the reasons I joined the Army was to get out and see the world and I certainly accomplished that.  I wanted to get back to New England precisely because that wander lust had been sated.  So I guess it’s the rest of my family’s turn to explore.  I couldn’t be happier for them.  I sit minding the home front which is what they did so often during my military career.  I’m getting good at puzzles, I finished another one Wednesday night, Buddy didn’t eat any of this one.  It’s kind of scary that I only started this 1000 piece puzzle on Sunday night and worked on it after getting home each night.  Maybe I do have too much time on my hands if I’m getting this good at it.  I do enjoy coming home every night, I owe it to a family who made so many sacrifices during my globe trotting days.  Oh yeah, I head to San Francisco on Sunday for a week long business trip.  So it goes. 
Latest Puzzle - Another Black Lab - Buddy Approves

No comments:

Post a Comment