Monday, February 1, 2021

Monday Magic

I know I shouldn’t start a discussion with an outlandish statement but it is Monday and we are currently being pelted by a major Nor’easter, so here goes. I think my physical therapist is secretly a magician. I had an early morning appointment today that was thankfully ahead of the worst of the storm and I mentioned to her that I had tweaked my back on Friday. It was something I felt all weekend, one of those pains which makes you appreciate just how much you use your back in daily activities. She asked me how I did it and then said she could fix it. She put my legs in a weird position and started massaging my lower abdomen. Five minutes later she told me to stand up and the pain was gone. I’m thinking something of the dark arts had to be involved. This massage thing may have more to it than I have ever given it credit for.

FBR Excited about the Falling Snow
I talked to Wingman and the FBR at lunch and they are in the midst of the same storm and already have more on the ground than we are supposed to get for the entire storm (16”). The FBR is very excited about the snowfall and is already pleading with her dad to find a place to slide. Our pre-Christmas saucering down our back hill seems to have made her a fan. She claimed she wanted to get her mother outside as well. I wished her good luck because my daughter ascribes to the same attitude towards cold weather and snow as her mother – avoid at all costs.

BR3 and Crawl Coach
BR3 is making some strides, sort to speak, in the crawling department. She moves from the seated position forward onto her arms but hasn’t figured out how to make the transition fully to her knees without doing a face plant. My son says part of the problem has been her need to bask in the glow of approval from her parents. When she reaches the point depicted in the photo she received some praise from my son and the ABFA so she rocked back ono her haunches and smiled beatifically. Now, every time she reaches this point she expects the acclaim and sits back with the huge smile. It remains a work in progress.

Almost There
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECURRING CHARACTERS                                            

BR3 – granddaughter #3, BRS - Blog Reader the Sequel - second granddaughter; FBR - First Blog Reader - first granddaughter, ABFA – Amazing Best Family Athlete = my daughter in law; Wingman – my son in law; Keene Friends 1 & 2 – friends since high school from my home town of Keene, NH; Soxfather - my brother in law; Great Aunt - my elder sister; Cantankerous Friend – friend since grade school who likes to argue about everything, poses as radical leftist to attract women; Kindergarten Friend – friend since kindergarten whom I reunited with after many years; Pittsburgh College Roommate – high school friend, also a “Minor Celebrity” in Pittsburgh; Deckzilla – our backyard deck which grew to monstrous dimensions once my wife got involved in planning; Maine and Virginia Musqueteras – two close friends of my wife – her US sisters, my wife is the 3rd musquetera (musketeer); Riggins - also known as the Grandpuppy, son's dog; PanaGals – female relatives /friends of my wife from Panama; Panamanian/Latin Mafia – inevitable group of Latino friends my wife accumulates wherever we have lived & their spouses; Neighborhood Mafioso - wife's close friend and Panamanian mafia member, Favorite Panamanian - the wife (of course); First Friday – celebrations to mark the First Friday of the Week; Curbside Girls – close friends of my daughter acquired during her single days in Brooklyn

No comments:

Post a Comment